Terms of Website Use
If you would like to use our site and we hope that you do, then you will be using it in accordance with these terms.
- Who are PureGroup and how do you contact us?
- How do you access the Site?
- What intellectual property is there on the Site and who owns it?
- Who can use the Intellectual Property?
- Can I rely on the information presented on the Site?
- Do third parties provide any of the information on the Site?
- Is the Site kept up to date?
- Do PureGroup take liability for any losses I may suffer?
- Is my personal information protected?
- What can I upload to the site?
- Are there any other limitations to my use of the Site?
- May I link to your site?
- Who do you link to?
- Which legal system applies?
- How can I ask questions about the Site?
Information about us
- The Site is operated by Pure Research Limited ("We"). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 8336061 and have our registered office at Park House, Charlton Court Place, East Sutton, Kent ME17 3AN.
- We are a limited company.
Accessing the Site
We’ll use all reasonable efforts to keep the Site up and running, however, there may be times when this is not possible, in these cases we take no responsibility but do offer our apologies. If you have a password, please look after it, as we value the security of the Site, as well as your own information.
- Access to the Site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on the Site without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason the Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Site, or the entire Site, to users who have registered with us.
- When using the Site, you must comply with the provisions of our acceptable use policy.
- You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the Site through your internet connection are aware of these terms and that they comply with them.
Intellectual property rights
We take the protection of intellectual property extremely seriously and go out of our way to ensure that both our rights, the rights of third parties and your rights are not infringed.
- With the exception of the Intellectual Property Rights in the User Materials, we are the owner or the licensee of all Intellectual Property Rights in the Site, such rights being protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of Materials on the Site must always be acknowledged.
- Unless otherwise agreed, you may print off a limited number of copies and may download extracts of any page(s) from the Site for your personal reference and for your direct clients, where applicable, and you may draw the attention of others to material posted on the Site.
- Except as may be otherwise specifically permitted herein, you shall not attempt to copy, modify, duplicate, create derivative works from, frame, mirror, republish, download, display, transmit, or distribute all or any portion of the Materials in any form or media or by any means. You will not attempt to reverse compile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise reduce to human-perceivable form all or any part of the Materials. You will not access all or any part of the Site or the Materials in order to build a product or service which competes with the services provided by us nor will you use the Materials to provide services to third parties. Use of any automated system or software to extract data from the Site, or the Materials (often known as “screen scraping”) is expressly prohibited.
- You must not use any part of the Materials on the Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
- If, as may be allowed herein, you use any of the Materials, you must
- ensure that they are downloaded or printed using the facilities made available on the Site and not simply copied from the screen;
- make no alteration to the content of the Materials;
- reference us as the owner, or licensor, of such Materials; and
- ensure any publication contains our specified wording:
"© 2015 Pure Research Limited. All Rights Reserved. The information, data, analyses and opinions (“Information”) contained herein: (1) include the proprietary information of Pure Research Limited and its content providers; (2) may not be copied or redistributed except as specifically authorised; (3) do not constitute investment advice; (4) are provided solely for informational purposes; (5) are not warranted to be complete, accurate or timely; and (6) may be drawn from fund data published on various dates. Pure Research Limited is not responsible for any trading decisions, damages or other losses related to the Information or its use. Please verify all of the Information before using it and don’t make any investment decision except upon the advice of a professional financial adviser. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. The value and income derived from investments may go down as well as up."
- Any use of our branding, logo or name must be in a format that meets our guidelines;
Grant of license
We’re granting you the right to use the information provided and at the same time, you grant us the right to use any information you submit to the Site.
- In relation to the User Materials, you hereby grant us a non-exclusive worldwide, license to use, publish, store, reproduce (including in any advertising or promotional material), display, distribute, modify and create derivative works from the same.
Reliance on information posted
We would like you to make the most of the Site, but please note that you should not use the information on the Site as the basis for investment decisions, which we recommend you make following professional advice.
- DATA, COMMENTARY, CHARTS AND OTHER INFORMATION AND MATERIALS POSTED ON THE SITE OR MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE SITE (“INFORMATION”), ARE NOT INTENDED TO AMOUNT TO ADVICE AND SPECIFICALLY NOT INVESTMENT ADVICE ON WHICH RELIANCE SHOULD BE PLACED. WE THEREFORE DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY AND, RESPONSIBILITY ARISING FROM ANY RELIANCE PLACED ON SUCH INFORMATION BY ANY VISITOR TO THE SITE, OR BY ANYONE WHO MAY BE INFORMED OF ANY OF ITS CONTENTS.
- THE SITE IS PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, AND WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR ANY WARRANTIES ARISING BY COURSE OF DEALING OR CUSTOM OF TRADE.
- ALTHOUGH THE INFORMATION IS OBTAINED OR COMPILED FROM SOURCES WE BELIEVE TO BE RELIABLE, WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY THAT THE SITE OR ANY INFORMATION, DATA, MATERIAL, CONTENT, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH IT ARE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, APPROPRIATE, RELIABLE, CURRENT OR TIMELY. WE ALSO MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES THAT THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS AND/OR YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, FREE OF VIRUSES, MALICIOUS CODE, OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR OTHERWISE SECURE.
- THE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED FOR GENERAL INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY. IT IS NOT INTENDED TO AMOUNT TO ADVICE ON WHICH YOU SHOULD EXCLUSIVELY RELY UPON. YOU MUST OBTAIN PROFESSIONAL OR SPECIALIST ADVICE BEFORE TAKING, OR REFRAINING FROM, ANY ACTION ON THE BASIS OF THE INFORMATION OR ANY CONTENT AVAILABLE ON THE SITE.
- ANY INFORMATION SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED AS, AN OFFER, BID OR SOLICITATION IN RELATION TO ANY FINANCIAL PRODUCTS, OR ADVICE AS TO SUCH ACTIONS IN RELATION TO ANY FINANCIAL PRODUCTS. YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE INFORMATION IS OBTAINED FROM SOURCES BELIEVED TO BE RELIABLE AND MAY ALSO BE BASED ON OPINIONS, ESTIMATES, PROJECTIONS AND EXTRAPOLATIONS CONSTITUTING OUR JUDGEMENT.
- WE DO NOT GUARANTEE, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM AND LIABILITY FOR, AND MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE INFORMATION’S CURRENCY, ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, COMPLETENESS OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WE ACCEPT NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY LOSS (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS, WHETHER OR NOT SUCH LOSS IS FORESEEABLE AND WHETHER OR NOT WE HAVE BEEN APPRAISED OF THE USE TO WHICH THE INFORMATION WILL BE PUT) HOWSOEVER ARISING FROM THE INFORMATION’S USE, THE TIMELINESS OR ITS DELIVERY OR ITS FAILURE TO BE DELIVERED AT ALL.
Third Party Data
Our site changes regularly
We aim to update the Site regularly and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to the Site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on the Site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
Limitation of Liability
While we aim to keep Information presented on the Site accurate and up to date, we are not able to ensure the accuracy of such information and it is not to be used for the basis of investment decisions. Therefore, we believe it reasonable to limit our liability in relation to this information.
- TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE EXCLUDE ALL CONDITIONS, WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR OTHER TERMS WHICH MAY APPLY TO THE SITE OR ANY CONTENT ON IT, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
- WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO ANY USER FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF STATUTORY DUTY, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE, ARISING UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH:
- USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE; OR
- USE OF OR RELIANCE ON ANY CONTENT DISPLAYED ON THE SITE.
- IF YOU ARE A BUSINESS USER, PLEASE NOTE THAT IN PARTICULAR, WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR:
- LOSS OF PROFITS, SALES, BUSINESS, OR REVENUE;
- BUSINESS INTERRUPTION;
- LOSS OF ANTICIPATED SAVINGS;
- LOSS OF BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY, GOODWILL OR REPUTATION; OR
- ANY INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE.
- IF YOU ARE AN END/RETAIL USER, YOU AGREE NOT TO USE THE SITE FOR ANY COMMERCIAL OR BUSINESS PURPOSES, AND WE HAVE NO LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OF PROFIT, LOSS OF BUSINESS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR LOSS OF BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY.
- WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A VIRUS, DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY CONTENT ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT.
- WE ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE CONTENT OF WEBSITES LINKED ON THE SITE. SUCH LINKS SHOULD NOT BE INTERPRETED AS ENDORSEMENT BY US OF THOSE LINKED WEBSITES. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE THAT MAY ARISE FROM YOUR USE OF THEM.
Information about you and your visits to the Site
Uploading material to the Site
Although we shall endeavour to police the Site as far as is reasonable, we ask that you use the site in accordance with our acceptable use policy.
- Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload material to the Site, or to make contact with other users of the Site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our acceptable use policy. You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
- Except in relation to personal data, any material you upload to the Site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to the Site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
- Where you take ownership of a profile on the Site, either where such profile has been pre-populated or otherwise:
- you hereby warrant that you have the appropriate authority to take such ownership;
- you shall become responsible for the administration of the profile in question; and
- you agree that we retain the right to remove or amend such profile, or remove you as an administrator of such profile, as we, in our reasonable opinion, deem necessary.
- We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of the Site.
- We have the right to remove any material or posting you make on the Site if, in our opinion, such material does not comply with the content standards set out in our acceptable use policy..
Viruses, hacking and other offences
While we encourage you to use the Site, such use must be legal and not affect the ability of others to use the Site.
- You must not misuse the Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Site, the server on which the Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Site. You must not attack the Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
- By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Site will cease immediately.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Linking to the Site
- You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair, legal, does not breach these terms and conditions and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of the Site other than the home page.
- If you wish to make any use of material on the Site other than that set out above, please address your request to email@example.com.
Links from the Site
While we control as far as is practicable the content on the Site, we cannot do the same for third party sites.
Where the Site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Jurisdiction and applicable law
PureGroup is based in the UK and so operates in accordance with English law.
- The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to the Site.
If you have any concerns about material which appears on the Site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dated: 16th January 2015
©2015 Morningstar. All Rights Reserved. The information, data, analyses and opinions (“Information”) contained herein: (1) include the proprietary information of Morningstar and its content providers; (2) may not be copied or redistributed except as specifically authorised; (3) do not constitute investment advice; (4) are provided solely for informational purposes; (5) are not warranted to be complete, accurate or timely; and (6) may be drawn from fund data published on various dates. Morningstar is not responsible for any trading decisions, damages or other losses related to the Information or its use. Please verify all of the Information before using it and don’t make any investment decision except upon the advice of a professional financial adviser. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. The value and income derived from investments may go down as well as up.
Acceptable Use policy
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access the Site. This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, the Site.
Your use of the Site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement our terms of website use.
You may use the Site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards as may be indicated on the Site from time to time.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of the Site;
- any equipment or network on which the Site is stored; or
- any software used in the provision of the Site.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on the Site, including, without limitation:
- Chat rooms; or
- Bulletin boards
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to the Site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Suspension and Termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of the Site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to the Site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes to Acceptable Use Policy
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on the Site.