The Policy only applies to the information we collect on our website (the "Site") and does not apply to information collected by any other method.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), we shall be the data controller.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information should you report a problem with the Site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Site.
- Details of your visits to the Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- Providing anonymous data to third parties, in relation to how visitors use the Site, including but not limited to the products in which you have shown an interest.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please contact us via email@example.com.
How we Collect Information
Upon registering to use the Site and as you submit information to the Site from time to time, we may collect information from you, some of which may be Personal Data such as your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, or geographical location (“Information”). Information we collect on the Site is used solely for our own internal purposes and for a limited number of reasons such as:
- improving the Site, as well as measuring usage; and
- helping with our targeted marketing, including providing you with information we reasonably believe may be useful to you.
Disclosure of Information
We adhere to the protections as set out in the Data Protection Act 1998, as amended, and shall ensure that such Information is not sold or otherwise made available to third parties. However, we may be required to disclose information in instances such as when required under applicable law and possibly to countries outside of the European Economic Area and which may not have comprehensive data protection laws.
We may disclose information if legally required to do so, if requested to do so by a governmental entity or regulatory authority, or if we believe in good faith that such action is necessary to comply with legal requirements or process, prevent a crime or protect national security.
If you engage, or we reasonably suspect that you are engaging, in any illegal activity, we may disclose your personal information, to the extent we determine in our sole discretion is necessary to cooperate with appropriate authorities.
Where we store your personal information
The data we collect from you is stored in the United Kingdom, but may be transferred to and stored at a destination outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside of the EEA. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing.
How we use your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to provide you with our services and to carry out any transactions that you request;
- to ensure the content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and you computer or mobile device; and
- to notify you about changes to our service.
Although the transmission of data over the internet may be subject to intrusion, we protect your Information by ensuring we have implemented appropriate physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to avoid unauthorised access or disclosure, accidental loss, use, alteration or destruction of such Information.
Your passwords are stored in accordance with best industry practice in order to maintain security. We do not disclose your account details, postal or email addresses to anyone except when legally required to do so.
It is your responsibility to keep your password secure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do its best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site, any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try and prevent any unauthorised access.
Where we engage third-party contractors, as far as is necessary, we may share Information in order for such parties to perform services on our behalf and in accordance with enforceable confidentiality obligations.
Maintenance of Information
You have the right to contact us by email, in order to review, update or delete your Information or should you have any questions regarding our Policy. This is in line with many jurisdictions’ data legislation, granting you the right to request access to your personal information and to request correction of it, if it is incorrect. Please feel free to contact us should you not wish us to contact you in the future.
We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information as may be required. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Cookies and Third Party Tracking
Cookies are small amounts of information which we may store on your browser and/or computer. Cookies make it easier for you to log on to and use the site during future visits. They also allow us to monitor website traffic and to personalise the content of the Site for you. You may set up your computer to reject cookies although, in that case, you may not be able to use certain features on the Site.
Certain third party services used by us may track your use of the Site, in order to provide services such as analytical reports; such reports being on an anonymous basis.
We reserve the right to modify this Policy from time to time, in our sole discretion, by updating this web page. It is your responsibility to review this Policy periodically.
Dated: 16th January 2015